The National Archives and Records Administration
Locations across the country
The Conneaut Center Cemetery index came from the Crawford County Historical Society index -- think it tells you on the front of the cemetery listing who did the indexing and when. Sorry, don't have any additional information for you. However, if the deaths are about 1970 or so, some of the information could have come from obituaries. We are trying to keep the indexes up-to-date using the current obits that we run across.
Deeds are available in the Crawford County Courthouse in Meadville. Obits in the old newspapers are available at the Crawford County Historical Society in Meadville.
Names: Conneaut Center or Thayer Cemetery
Location: East side of Twp. Rt. 338, about 0.6 mile south of its intersection with Leg. Rt. 20038 at Conneaut Center. Size: Over 200 marked burials. Condition: Still in use. History: Indexes: 1. Minnie Trapani, "Conneaut Center Cemetery (Thayer Cemetery) Conneaut Township" (ts., n.d.), 5 pp. 2. Eugene F. Throop, "Conneaut Center Cemetery" (ts., 1971 with later additions), 10 pp. Burial records:Crawford County Courthouse Hours: Mon.- Fri. 8:30 am - 4:30 pm 903 Diamond Park Meadville, PA 16335 (814) 333-7300
Here is a related list in Linesville Cemetary :
SURNAME SEX DATE/PLACE OF BIRTH DATE/PLACE OF DEATH FATHER MOTHER SPOUSE Military Service Lowing, Henry Stephen M Sept. 6, 1860 at Napoli, New York March 6, 1937 Rev. Henry Dyer Lowing Nancy Jane Pierce Eva B. Dunbar
Other Links:Kingsville Academy - 1847
ROSTER OF THE 154th NEW YORK, G-OLowing, Henry D. (F&S)--ca. May 30, 1827; Gainesvlle, New York; November 9, 1903; Conneaut, Pennsylvania; Conneaut, Pennsylvania.
Linesville HistoryThe first newspaper venture was made at Linesville in April, 1875, by Britton & McCoy, under the appellation of the Leader. It maintained a flickering existence with brief suspensions under the subsequent management of George W. Baldwin and of R. H. Montgomery, until with a subscription list of 149, it passed into the hands, in September, 1881, of H. D. and F. C. Lowing, the present publishers. Under their charge the Leader, re-christened the Linesville Herald, has met with a large circulation, and proved a valuable property; since September, 1883, it has been issued semi-weekly, Wednesdays and Saturdays. In politics it is Republican. Subsequent to the founding of the Leader the Linesville Gazette was launched into being by Frank McCoy. After a brief existence it was continued by L. L. Luce, under the name of the American Citizen. A few months later its final issue was published.